Useful!

Dec 22, 2011 at 3:18 PM

Thank you for a very useful application and set of training videos.  

Developing under DNN 6.0.2 I found I had to make some changes to accomodate new ContentItem fields.  It kept fallng over on the FillInternal() method.  But that was a useful learning excercise.

John B

Coordinator
Dec 24, 2011 at 6:54 AM

Thanks John,

I'll work on updating these videos/code for DNN 6.1.* in the next couple of months. Lots of changes, though most are fairly simple.

Jan 1, 2012 at 5:01 PM

I'll be waiting for the update Chris ;-)

Jan 10, 2012 at 11:35 AM

I am stuck on switching from view to edit mode.  I cannot find a combination of NavigateUrl() and EditUrl() which work under DNN 6.1.2.  Help!!

Coordinator
Jan 24, 2012 at 11:40 PM

You can't switch between edit/view mode with the URL, not as far as I know. You have to do this this via the Control Panel

Mar 16, 2012 at 11:35 AM
Edited Mar 16, 2012 at 11:37 AM

UserController.GetUsers(PortalId) doesn't return the super user. So add a user to your DNN before you start with Video 18!

Jun 6, 2012 at 2:53 PM

My issue is regarding Task Manager - Part 22: Creating the Edit Button

Response.Redirect(EditUrl(string.Empty, string.Empty, "Edit", "tid=" + e.CommandArgument));

Clicking the Edit link takes to a page with following error:

giving me corrupt content error.

Watch Windows gives error details:

DotNetNuke.Entities.Modules.PortalModuleBase.EditUrl()' is a 'method', which is not valid in the given context.  

Jan 17, 2013 at 9:35 AM
JohnStodden wrote:

Thank you for a very useful application and set of training videos.  

Developing under DNN 6.0.2 I found I had to make some changes to accomodate new ContentItem fields.  It kept fallng over on the FillInternal() method.  But that was a useful learning excercise.

John B

Hi John

What changes did you need to do for maiking the FillInternal to work?

NiV

Coordinator
Jan 17, 2013 at 6:11 PM

I'm working on a couple of new versions of this module/tutorial series for DNN7 coming up here shortly.